Faith Over Fear, Part 2
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
As I mentioned yesterday, the Coronavirus Pandemic is causing each of us to be flexible, and possibly look at how we are called to Fellowship “together” a bit differently. When you received Part 1 of this series yesterday evening, we pastors were “meeting” via teleconference to decide how to move forward with church activities for this weekend, and the week to come. Here is the latest information on our church activities and most importantly our “On-Line” service information for this Sunday,March 22:
Sunday Services: All of our Worship Services will be conducted “On-line”, beginning at 9:30am
• Due to increasing needs to maintain more strict “social distancing”, only the staff and Worship Teams will be allowed inside the church building during service times
▪ We are praying that everyone will graciously honor our church-wide efforts to comply with the recommendations of the President’s health advisors and the NM Department of Health guidelines and remain home
• The link to “dial in” is www.hoffmantown.online
- If you sign in more than 10 minutes prior to the service start time, you may need to refresh your screen and server at the actual service beginning.
- We will have pastors and staff connected with this service via the “chat” function on the screen.
If you have spiritual needs and desire to speak to one of us, we will also be available to talk on the Pastor-on-Call line at 505-828-2600
If you have never tried to log in to this internet service, you may want to try it today
- Practice is a good thing!
- This will also give you an opportunity to look at other important links on our website.
When God told Joshua his “Battle Plan” to defeat Jericho was to march around the city walls for days on end sounding trumpets and praying, I am sure Joshua thought “What? How? This is VERY different…” Many of you may be thinking the same about this new “Way of Worship” we are trying for a few weeks. I hope and pray we can all look beyond the method of worship we will be using for a short time. Let’s all remember to focus upon the “WHO” we are worshiping! Psalm 22:3 tells us “But you are holy, you who inhabit the praises of Israel.”
As we come together this week to worship Him, remember who we are worshiping more than dwelling upon HOW we are worshiping.
In His Grip Pastor Tim