For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a high standing and great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 3:13
Deacon Qualities - 1 Timothy 3:8-13
Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things. Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well. For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves, and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus. (ESV)
Deacons "SERVING" Ministry Teams
S– Support Team – ministry to families
Purpose: Through the K-Groups to ensure that every family and/or member at Hoffmantown has a Deacon team they can call upon for help and/or support as needed. To provide assistance to those who aren’t connected into K-Groups.
E– Encouragement Team – benevolence, funerals
Benevolence / His Store Purpose: To show God’s love to those in need of food by keeping the pantry updated, stocked and to distribute food to those in need.
Funeral Purpose: Be available during a funeral/memorial service held at Hoffmantown Church to assist as needed.
R– Response Team – property, projects, security, emergencies
Property Purpose: To assist with the repair and maintenance of the buildings, HVAC system and grounds at Hoffmantown Church as needed.
Security Purpose: To protect the people and property of the church from attacks, thefts, or disruptive persons.
V– Visitation Team – hospitals, home bound, nursing homes, rehab
Hospitals Purpose: To show God’s comfort, love and compassion to those who are ill, reminding them that the Lord is with them and that He will guide them through this time of trouble. Matthew 25:33-40
Home Bound Purpose: To visit those who are home bound (shut in) and help with practical needs if possible.
I– Invitation Team – community outreach
Purpose: To follow up and connect with either phone, text, email and/or face to face with the guests who have visited Hoffmantown Church.
- To present the gospel as needed.
- To welcome and thank guests for visiting.
- To make sure guests have the needed information to become connected into Hoffmantown.
- To help explain and communicate the Vision, Purpose and Mission of Hoffmantown Church.
N– New Member Team – visiting & plugging in new members; connecting new members with a deacon contact
Purpose: To help with the Next Steps Class and to follow through with new members and make sure they are connected into Hoffmantown Church via K-Groups, etc.
G– Greeter Team – welcome guests, cart, desk, door, ushers
Cart Ministry Team Purpose: Help transport those who require assistance from the parking lot to the front doors of the church. Welcome visitors and help direct them to Greeters at the appropriate entrance. Communicate with the security team any concerns that need attention.
Reception Desk Ministry Team Purpose: To welcome the members & guests to the church each Sunday & provide any necessary materials or direction.
Greeter Ministry Team Purpose: Welcome and assist guests, members and regular attenders to our church and make them feel welcome.
Ushers Purpose: To welcome the members and guests to the church each Sunday and at special events, passing out literature and assist the guests in finding seats in the Worship Center and direct them to other locations as needed.
Deacon Ministry Teams
Deacon Team Leader
- Is a member in good standing of Hoffmantown Church.
- Is an active member of the Deacon Body at Hoffmantown Church.
- The primary contact for the staff, deacons and the church body in relation to their team’s duties.
- Appoints a secondary contact in the event he is unavailable to serve.
- Informs the deacon chairman or appropriate church staff member of the secondary contact.
- Manages the Teams duties in coordination with the deacon chairman and/or appropriate church staff member.
- Contacts team members on a regular basis (through meetings/informal contact, etc.). With God’s help, seeks to be an encouragement to them (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
- Prepared to give a summary of the team’s activities at deacon’s meeting.
- May recruit additional qualified team members as needed.
- Communicates this with the deacon chairman or appropriate church staff member.
- Resolves issues that may arise within the team. Reports unresolved issues to deacon chairman.
- Agrees to serve for a minimum of one year.
Ministry Team Member
- May be a deacon, Hoffmantown member or regular attendee. (Only Hoffmantown members may be involved in activities related to doctrine, for example, sharing the gospel message related to team activities.)
- Executes his/her duties under the direction of the Deacon Team Leader.
- Informs team leader promptly if he/she is unable to be present for team activities.
- Agrees to serve for a minimum of one year.
- Complete training
- Attend meetings regularly
- Communicate with team leader
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on deacon teams download the PDF.